Zoe Catherine Kendall, artist, writer and human...


Saturday, 3 April 2010

Oh daddy...























A slightly sickening rendition of those niave children's drawings we all laboured over as kids, but isn't it more ironic then nostalgic? A wholesome recollection you'd love to believe in, but for all those other uncomfortable memories disturbing the calm waters of your mind...

Do you wake up dreaming of a home you can't quite remember existing? Hold me, baby, let's surrender the past... squeeze me tightly, don't let me go, daddy....oh daddy...oh... um... no thanks. I'll get on just fine myself, better off without your limiting gaze...

Gesture toward peace in future spaces. Reduced expectations salve the child within. Hold it in ( ). Let it out ( ). Breath...

Serenity; a home in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment